Monday, January 23, 2012

Mother's Gift To See

Do you ever stop and stare at the world and think, "Thank you for the opportunity to be able to see this"?  I look at the girls and think that - whenever they are playing and laughing together, whenever they are sleeping, even when they cry.  For this reason, I made sure that I had my annual eye exam.  We had been without vision insurance for a while so I was grateful to be able to make that appointment. 



I chose to have contact lenses.  They are the easy choice since Bina would probably be trying to grab a pair of glasses.  I have not had contact lenses in years.  As I attempted to put my contacts in, it occurred to me to see if the box had a "Made in....." label.  It turns out that these contact lenses, 1•DAY ACUVUE® TruEye™ Brand Contact Lenses, were Made in the USA.  I was impressed that they were made in America.  I love them already.  I just wear them for the day and then toss them out at the end of the day.  No cases.  No solutions.  No fuss. 

Where are your glasses made?  Where are your sunglasses made?  The next time you are out shopping for sunglasses or go for your eye exam, check to see where your contacts and/or glasses are made.  Ask for the ones Made in the USA.  It's one simple question that could mean a job or two for a fellow American.

Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment