Monday, December 3, 2012

What Sweet Momma's Creates is Magical

 
 
I was given the opportunity to review a cake in a jar from Sweet Momma's Creole Confections in Thiboudaux, LA. Blown away! Not just any blown away. Crystal sent me a flavor of her choice. She sent me Coconut and Almond Buttercream. I do not like coconut shavings, the texture - none of it. Period. I admit I was hesitant to even try it, but my love for almond anything and CAKE outweighed my dislike of coconut. I took the first bite expecting a gross coconut cake. (I'm sorry Crystal for saying that.) After taking that first bite, my eyes rolled to the back of my head. IT. WAS. AMAZING! I ate the whole thing in that one sitting. (I can't believe I'm admitting to that.) I may have also received the cake at the perfect moment. You know how you have one of those days where your food groups consist of sweet junk, salty junk and sweet and salty junk chased by a huge glass of.......well you get the picture. I received this cake on that day. Good girl Crystal. Timing is everything!

I have heard people say that their palates begin to dance after tasting something and I think, "How cheesy. Can you exaggerate anymore?" I get it now. The icing is sweet. The shavings add a delicate touch of texture (imagine me saying that?!). The almond - I'm biased so I will [almost] always love it. In this case, it works. I refrigerated it when I received it and it was still smooth when I ate it.

Sweet Momma's Creole Confections would be the perfect gift.  For what? you might ask.  Here are some gift ideas:
  • Weddings: It would make a creative cake concept - Cake in a Jar - or a favor or both.
  • Bridal or Baby Showers: The jars are a great jumping off point for decorating and simple too.  Create a centerpiece or a prize for the games.
  • Military families: Crystal offers a 15% discount to military families. Gotta love her for honoring our service men and women! She also ships to your loved ones overseas.
  • For those days that your food groups include cake, cake and more cake chased by a glass of......again you get my point!
  • Special Occasion Gift: Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day (why not?), Easter, Mother's Day, Grandparents Day, Let Them Eat Cake Day (Oct. 16), Birthdays, Anniversaries, Kids' parties, Engagement parties, Bachelorette parties, the list goes on.
  • Just because....
If you are craving cake now, click on over to Sweet Momma's Creole Confections. If you order now, fifteen percent of your purchase goes to Caiden's Hope Foundation, a non-profit foundation that provides support for families whose babies were born prematurely and are now in the NICU. Crystal's baby, Faith, was born at 23 weeks and 6 days and weighed a miraculous 1lb 3oz!! (In case you're trying to picture that weight - that's the equivalent of a pint of milk.)  Families of premature babies, especially the micropreemies like Crystal's, spend a lot of time in the NICU.  Your purchase supports a fellow mompreneur who donates a percentage of your purchase to a great cause. 

Simply put, this cake is delicious and life is too short to eat anything but delicious cake.

Karina
I love comments!

 
** Note: I was provided with a product to review, and I have provided my honest opinion as a mother. Thank you to the sponsoring company for working with Mom in the USA. You can view my complete PR policies here. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.  

No comments:

Post a Comment