Friday, December 16, 2011

What Are Your Flu Traditions?

Fun Food Friday
Welcome to Fun Food Friday.  I have had the flu all this week and have not had the energy to post anything or do anything for that matter.  I apologize for not bringing information on these wonderful products we make in the USA.  In my quest to get better (and my husband's to get me better), I did come across some great products that I learned are made in the USA and might help get you through a bout with the flu.
As a kid, no sooner had I mentioned that I had a sore throat, that my grandmother would already have the big soup pot creating some wonderful chicken noodle soup.  I'm not sure what chicken noodle soup does in reference to the flu, but it sure did taste divine on my palate and coat my throat.  Unfortunately, my grandmother is no longer available to make me that chicken noodle soup, so my husband decided to buy me some at the store.  He brought me back some Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup.  What I found to be endearing was the fact that on the side of the can it doesn't just say "Made in the USA."  No, no.  It says, "Cooked with care in the USA."  It's always nice to know that someone cares for us when we're sick, even if it is on the side of a soup can.
Another craving I get when I am sick is for hot coffee.  It feels so good on my throat when it is sore.  My grandmother was famous for her coffee, but probably not for the reasons you are thinking.  Was it delicious?  Yes, of course.  Her coffee was screaming hot.  It burned.  Bless her heart.  She made that coffee with so much enthusiasm, that it would break anyone's heart to tell her it was slightly less than perfect.  In my quest to promote products made in the USA, I found coffee from the USA Coffee Company.  It's made in Hawaii.  I drink decaf so I was pleasantly surprised at the selection of decaf choices.

That's my flu-food gift basket.  What are your flu traditions?  I would love to hear (or read) your thoughts.  Take care.


Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment