Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Menu Thoughts

It is Fun Food Friday.  Yesterday, I ran up to the market to purchase our "Date Night" cuisine.  I confess I got a bit distracted while at the store.  Before going to the store, we talked about Thanksgiving so it was still on my mind when I got there.  I began looking around for ideas for our Thanksgiving menu.  On a box of beef broth, I noticed that it said Distributed by, but nothing about made in U.S.A. or product of U.S.A.  This is where the distraction stepped in.  I checked several well known brand name items and no made in the U.S.A.  Surely, I could find something in this market that was made in the U.S.A.  Alas, I did.  Here's the list of some that I found:
  • King Arthur All Purpose and Whole Wheat flours - "Milled from 100% USA wheat."  Yay!   
  • Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, yep you got it - Product of U.S.A. 
  • PET Evaporated Milk - Product of U.S.A.
  • Carnation Evaporated Milk also Product of U.S.A.  
  • Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil stamped its "Foil made in U.S.A." seal right on front.
After an aisle or two of searching for U.S.-made products, I did remember that I had a date to get to.  My husband cooked us a wonderful meal.  We ended up eating and then cuddling with the kids.  I know, I know.  What kind of date is that?  We joked about it, thinking that these moments are priceless and as long as we have them, hold on to them - the moment and the kids.  Go hug your loved ones!


Karina
By the way, my purchase created another 70,514 jobs.  (See this previous post to see where that figure came from.)

No comments:

Post a Comment