Saturday, October 29, 2011

One Mother's Quest to Give Back

Grocery money
Does this picture look familiar?  This is how we paid for groceries during a trip to the supermarket.  It is in making that statement that I can explain my purpose for starting this blog.  I was recently inspired by a news story that talked about American-made products.  Then, a friend of mine gave me the additional courage to put my words out there. 
I hope and pray that this blog gives back to others in the same way that we have been helped to this point.  We have been down in our finances and, sadly, our spirits followed, at times.  Trying to keep our spirits up, though, sometimes seemed like as much of a chore as reading that we didn't get yet another job that we applied for.

Fortunately, my husband was able to find a job thanks to my sister's referral.  Not a day goes by that we don't forget what it was like to be broke, hungry and unemployed.  I serve the information in this blog on a plate of gratitude.  Each time I look around our home, it occurs to me that each item here equals a job for someone.  By showcasing products that are made in the USA, I wonder how many jobs could be created as a result of my desire to give to others what we have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment