Friday, November 30, 2012

It's An Honor Being Nominated

Liebster AwardKatie from Life in the Simple Lane nominated me for the Liebster Award.  How humbling to receive acknowledgement from a fellow blogger. 

As is my nature, I wanted to know more about this award.  Apparently I am not the only one.  Several searches show blog post comments similar to this one - that no one knows how this originated.  I found this blog post on another blog.  The post was in German, but I posted the translation from Google Translator - it's not exact, but you get the point.
So here are the instructions:
You have been tagged and want to participate?
Create a post by you post the Love Blog image and the instructions reinkopierst (= the text you're reading). You should also link to the blog of the person who gave you the award and inform them by Kommetar in her blog that you leave out the award annimst & her the link of your posts Award. Then you are thinking about you 3-5 favorite blogs that you ebefalls in your post verlinkst & the respective owners by Kommetar - function will inform that they have been tagged and here ebfalls putting its link to the post, where the declaration is. Love Bloggerinen: The aim of this action is that we bring unknown, Gutte blogs to light, so I would you ask any blogs to items that already have been 3,000 readers, but talented beginners and people that although blogging been a while but still not as well known.
I give this award to continue:
and even if it has already received it and they gave it to me and get my Love Aylin awarded him back again:
THANK YOU AGAIN THANKS AYLIN!
The rules have changed since that blog post.  It started out by passing it along to 3-5 bloggers who had less than 3000 followers.

As for my Liebster Award, here are the rules Katie has set forth.   
Thank your nominator and link back to the nominator's blog in your post (I also linked the picture back to my nominator - I read that you are supposed to do that too as a courtesy.), list 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 random questions posted by the nominator, create 11 questions for your nominees (you will answer these questions as well), and nominate 11 other fabulous up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Blog Award.
Questions from my nominator, Katie @Life in the Simple Lane

  1. What is the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to you? My husband thought I left him at the altar.  Here's the story: As every good bride, I scheduled my wedding day so everything would run smoothly, time-wise.  My hair and makeup appointments went just as planned.  I'm doing great on time, so far.  I got dressed in my friend's hotel room.  My dress was an easy one to get on.  Slipped on the shoes.  I was good to go.  I waited for my sister and my long-time friend to get ready.  Then my sister had to get my niece ready.  We took some pictures.  We took a bit longer during this last stop than I had planned.  Because we were running behind we threw everything in a bag and threw the bag in the back of my sister's car.  I forgot to call my then-fiance to let him know we were running late.  Half-way to my wedding destination, I hear my phone ring.  That one stops.  Then I hear my sister's phone ring.  The rings alternate.  Then we hear the text message ring tones and those alternate.  I was 45 minutes late to my own wedding.  (* A side note to that story: Apparently, I was allergic to the lipstick that was used for my makeup.  The next morning, my lips were very swollen.  I already have full lips, so you can imagine what I looked like, but my hair was intact.)   
  2. What is your favorite movie from childhood? Still my favorite It's A Wonderful Life 
  3. What is your favorite childhood memory? Anything that has to do with my grandparents and being at their house, especially when they had their friends over and the family was together 
  4. What is your favorite dessert? Cheesecake
  5. What is your favorite TV series of all time? Law & Order & I Love Lucy {I'm a Vita-Meata-Vegamin girl.  This is the best video I could find, in case you're wondering.}
  6. Cat's or Dog's? Dogs - I was allergic to cats as a kid so I didn't grow to love them like I love dogs 
  7. Hamsters or Mules? Mules
  8. What do you hope will be under the tree for you this Christmas? A Christmas tree skirt - our [late] Dobie ate ours a few years back and we haven't replaced it since 
  9. What is your best friends name? Husband person 
  10. Do you own an Esty shop, and if so what is the URL so we can check it out? I own one, but have never gotten it up and running
  11. Can you touch your tongue to your nose? Not even close.
11 Random Facts About Me:
  1. I'm Catholic.
  2. I have always wanted to own a cash register, preferably vintage.  (I think it has to do with the fact that when I was a kid I wanted to own my own store.  My sister and I played store and I had one of those plastic pretend cash registers.  I guess it stayed with me.)
  3. Our second daughter was born in a birthing center.  I would recommend it to anyone {if you can do it medically, mentally, and physically of course}
  4. My husband didn't know how tall {or how much shorter than him} I really was until I was laid off from my job and didn't wear heels as often.
  5. I have A.D.D. - the clinical kind, not the punchline kind.
  6. I do not have a personal Facebook page. {I'm the one.}
  7. I love to exercise, but don't do it like I should. {See #4.}
  8. Baking relaxes me.
  9. I love cloth diapers.
  10. I love to wear colors and dresses.
  11. I genuinely care about people and have been told that I live like I wear rose-colored glasses.  (I think it's the A.D.D. - I just don't notice certain things and that's fine by me.)
11 Questions for my nominees:
  1. How did you come up with your blog design? I like simplicity.  I like blue and I liked the banner, but lately I have considered changing the design slightly.
  2. What types of pets do you have/want?  I have a dog.
  3. Who was your favorite teacher? My speech teacher from my freshman year in college - that class was the beginning of me coming out of my shell.  Also, Mr. Baldwin - my high school history teacher. He encouraged us to write better papers.  He let us know teachers got bored too.
  4. What is your favorite quote? What is Your Deepest Fear? from the movie Coach Carter.  Here's a YouTube video.
  5. Do you prefer to shop in store or online? I prefer online, but do more in-store.
  6. What is your favorite family tradition?  Our fake Christmas tree.  It was our first Christmas together.  My grandfather passed away just before Christmas and I did not want to decorate for Christmas.  On Dec. 23 of that year my husband decided it was Christmas and we were going to decorate.  We went to the store and we bought their last tree and scrapped together what decorations they had.  We forgot to get hooks for the balls so we hung everything from sewing thread.  The next morning there were 3 balls on the tree.  It looked like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.
  7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I would go RV'ing across the country.
  8. What is your favorite comfort food? Anything somebody else made
  9. How would you fill your time if you didn't blog? I'd probably have more time to study for my nursing boards.  That's a harsh reality.
  10. What is your favorite car (owned or would like to own)?  A Corvette.  My husband tried to sell me on the fact that he bought it for me, but he really bought it for himself.  It really is a nice ride if you ever get a chance to ride in one.  {BTW: They are Made in the USA - Bowling Green, KY on Corvette Drive, no less.}  I like cars.
  11. Where are you sitting as you write this?  Dining table
Here are my nominees:
 
I'm going to change the rules a bit.  Thank your nominator and link back to the nominator's blog in your post.  Answer 11 random questions posted by the nominator.  List 5 random facts about yourself.  Create 5 questions for your nominees (you will answer these questions as well), and nominate 5 other fabulous up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Blog Award.
 
Karina
I love comments!

5 comments:

  1. :) I love bloggy awards... it says a lot about the blogger. I received this same award awhile ago, and strangely enough gave it to two of the same bloggers as you... New follower, would love for a visit (whenever you get a chance - I keep my place pretty clean) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AJ,
      Thank you for commenting and becoming a member of our community. I stopped by your blog and returned the favor. I liked what I saw and look forward to reading more of it. I always like a good encouraging blog.

      Karina

      Delete
  2. I am honored!! Look out for the post next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill,
      You deserve to be recognized. I definitely look forward to your post.

      Karina

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination Karina! :) I will post about it when I finish my final exams. Btw, it's great to get to know you a bit better! I don't have an Etsy shop either :( but I would love to get one.
    Thanks again!
    Mariely @ Sensational Creations

    ReplyDelete