Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Weight Loss Goal: Week 2

In order to choose a weekly goal and not overwhelm myself with the right goal, I went old school.  

I wrote them down on small pieces of paper, put them in a Halloween bucket (😊 sometimes silly is an okay by-product), and then decided to choose one every week.

Not very scientific, but still simple.  

I had bought a weight-loss journal.  I had a weight-loss app.  Neither seemed to quite work for me.  Having to remember to journal or scan barcodes for calorie-counting - not gonna happen!  At least not now.

More papers for more goals! 😏 (Yes, emojis and funny faces are also okay.  I'm expressive and this helps.)

When it came to the goals, they had to be simple and measurable.  Measurable wasn't initially a conscious factor, but it helped with the simple part.

Here's an example: One of the goals I read about said, "Eat regular meals."  It was explained that regular meals had to fit your individual schedule and lifestyle.  People who work night shift always comes to mind with that point.

Anyways, in order to keep it simple, I needed something more than Eat regular meals.  What does that even mean?

This became a funny exercise is brain dumping.  I interpreted eating regular meals as eating throughout the day.  I also interpreted it as eating healthy meals.  My funny side wondered if it meant eating more fiber-rich foods - could be that kind of regular. 💩  

My point in keeping it simple means that if a goal makes me ask questions to understand it, it's not simple.  It makes me have to think - translation: stress, which makes me want to stress-eat or take a nap or procrastinate - translation: quit, which is counterintuitive to this whole process.  

Nope not gonna happen.  😂 Letting go also seems to be a theme here.  Maybe that's what the weight is - stuff that we hold on to.

Back to brain dumping: Eat regular meals started off as eat every 2-3 hours.  That's another popular piece of advice.  

Not specific enough.  

The word STOP needs to be thrown in there 'cuz I know there are days - on those sucky, emotional, cheesecake days - where STOP comes in handy, if not a complete necessity.

Then I picked a time to eat breakfast: 8:30AM.  NOW I can apply the 2-3 hour school of thought.

8:30AM Breakfast

11:30AM Snack

2:30pm Lunch

4:30PM [Teeny tiny] snack

6PM Dinner

Yeah, I crammed a bunch of stuff towards the end of the day there.  I find that that teeny tiny snack helps me not want to eat everything in site before, during, and after dinner.  

I also don't get very hungry at the beginning of the day, but if I don't eat, I guarantee that I will eat everything in site at the end of the day.

Sadly, I justify it because as far as calories are concerned, I'm in line.  Problem is that I eat them all at the end of the day.  That can't be good.

Oh the guilt.  Let it go! 🧊

Seriously, who has a boatload of [delicious] vegetables just ready to be scarfed down in a fit of starvation rage?  Confession: I don't.

That's meal prep and I am nowhere near being that organized....yet.

Note to self: Be okay with these ideas and give yourself credit for knowing that you will get there eventually.  Just not today.  Or this week.  And praying not next week either.

Tomorrow, we'll talk more brain dumping.  I'm done for today.  It's time for a nap.  😂

No comments:

Post a Comment